Many people are not sure of their estate planning needs. Some assume they need a large estate in order to create an estate plan. There is also the question as to what age you should consider developing an estate plan.
Take a look at some of the questions below to get a better understanding of the need for a proper estate plan. If you have any questions about creating an estate plan, speak with an estate planning attorney.
- Are you married?
- Do you own a home?
- Do you have minor children?
- Do you want to always provide for your family?
- Do you have investments?
- Do you want to protect your assets?
- Are you considering planning for retirement?
- Do you have a life insurance policy?
- Do you want to decide who will be given your assets after your death?
- Do you want to prepare for medical emergencies?
- Do you have certain wishes for the future?
- Do you want your life artificially extended with medical heroics?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you need an estate plan. No matter what your goals are or where you stand in life, you need to prepare for the future!
An estate plan can help you do a number of things. With a plan you are able to protect yourself and your loved ones throughout your lifetime and after your death. Therefore, if you want to continue to be able to make important decisions about your future and be prepared for the unexpected, then you need an estate plan.
It’s important to take the time to create an estate plan. If you have been putting off your planning, now is the time to consult with a qualified estate planning attorney.
- How Often Should I Meet with an Estate Planning Attorney? - January 18, 2018
- Tax Law Changes for 2018 - December 29, 2017
- Dedicated Gardeners & Creative Spaces in Annapolis, MD - May 30, 2017